Friday, May 25, 2007

Hau`oli la Hanau, Mary Anna and Sand Box Fun!

For those of you not versed in Hawaiian, "Hau`oli la Hanau" means "Happy Birthday". It was my friend, Mary Anna's 2nd birthday on Wednesday, and her parents invited mommy and me over for a luau party at their house! We were dressed in our best Hawaiian attire. Good thing I had lots of aloha shirts to choose from. I was the best dressed boy at the party. Thanks again, Uncle Joel and Auntie Alison for the cool shirt. I received lots of compliments on it!

It's party time!
The boys in our aloha shirts.

The birthday girl
The best-dressed girl was of course the birthday girl! I really love her grass skirt. At one point, I was chasing Mary Anna around to pull it off.

Hau`oli la Hanau, Mary Anna
Happy 2nd Birthday, Mary Anna

Party, luau style
Mommy's tickling me!

Thanks again, Mary Anna for sharing your birthday with us. We're so sad you'll be moving so soon to Washington State. Come back and visit us!

Yesterday, mommy and daddy took me to a park that had a sand box. We met Emerson and her mommy there. Although daddy was paranoid about all the germs in the sand box, I couldn't resist the temptation of the trucks, shovels, and pails. Emerson and I had a blast! Needless to say, we were all buried in sand. But, oh, what fun!

Sand box fun
Shovel, shovel

Emerson having fun in the sand box
Emerson playing in the sand box

Mommies and babies
Mommies and babies braving the heat

Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend! I'm not exactly sure what we'll be doing, but mommy said something about huge Dr. Seuss sculptures. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it my imagination or is Owen making a shaka sign with his right hand in the "mommy tickling me" picture?

If he was told to make a shaka, that's cool....if he did it on his own, that's even better!