Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and... one year Anniversary of Asia Tsunami

Hope everyone had a jolly Christmas and a happy first night of Hanukkah. Mike's on call tonight in the NICU. Poor thing, I hope he will be able to get some sleep tonight. I dropped by to see him earlier at UCLA so he can perform my daily moxibustion treatment. Then I went to Natalie's house for Hanukkah Ham (not kosher, but quite yummy Honeybaked Ham) dinner.

The moxibustion treatment has been going pretty well, although I don't think the baby has moved yet. Seems like Owen is comfortable where he is at the moment. Either that or he's gotten so big that he doesn't have enough room to turn. I have been feeling more kicking/movement in the last few days since the start of the moxibustion. Also, periodically throughout the day, I think he's been hiccuping. It's definitely a weird sensation to have a baby hiccuping inside you.

As it is Dec. 26th now in Thailand, I am reminded that today is the one-year anniversary of the Tsunami. My brother, Nick, is in Khao Lak to help with the Tsunami Relief Efforts. Too bad he's not feeling well. Mom talked to him the other day and she said he sounded pretty sick. I do hope he will feel better before his flight home to LA on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi nan! hope you had a merry christmas. just wanted to let you know that there is still room for owen to turn - karston turned the DAY OF his birth, after having been head down for weeks. rebellion starts at an early age, haha. hope owen cooperates!