Sunday, April 24, 2005


London Eye. It's 135 meters to the top. Posted by Hello

After the London Eye, Nick text-messaged us to say that he would be back soon, so we walked back to the train station to wait for him. While we were waiting we had a lamb and mint "pasty" (pie). It was yummy...

I wanted to see one of the London orchestras while we were here, and Sunday was the last night that any of them were playing. We caught the Tube to the Barbican Centre and bought tickets to the night's London Symphony Orchestra performance.

We tubed a few stops down the line to Whitechapel, a sort of seedy neighborhood with tons of Indian restaurants. We ate at Taja, a Bangladeshi restaurant that basically served only Indian food (not that I know what Bangladeshi food is). It was pretty awesome, probably better than any Indian food I've had in the US. I wish I'd taken pictures, but we were too hungry to hold off. Interestingly enough, the restaurant used to be an old public toilet building, but there's no sign of that kind of business now.

Just incidentally, there was a hospital on the way to the restaurant. I'm glad I don't work there. It looked all old and dirty, but there was a helipad on the roof, so I guess it must be a good place.


The Royal London Hospital...I can hear the beepers now Posted by Hello

No comments: