Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun in the Sun

So... quick recap of our trip so far... I spent Thursday running around the house and collapsed before the sun went down. Friday we went shopping for beds. I liked testing out the mattresses! Yesterday we went to the Kapiolani Community College Farmer's Market where I had a yummy ginger-ade and little pickle sushis. Then we went to the big main library. I checked out a few old favorites and quite a few new ones. Kung Kung could just barely carry all of my books!

Today we took a break from boring shopping to hit the beach. Uncle Jeff came over and we went down to see some tidepools at Sandy Beach. Only problem was, the tide was coming in, and we didn't get to see too many pools. That was okay though-- Daddy wasn't quick enough to catch fish with his net, and Uncle Jeff wasn't too lucky with his fishing pole.

Instead I splashed around in the water, rode some waves, dug the sand, and played with the hermit crabs that Kung Kung caught for me. Uncle Jeff finally caught a tiny fish using the pole and the net, then Kung Kung caught a couple more fishies with just his net and his patience.

We took lots of pictures of the beach, but no time to put them up today. Maybe tomorrow? Good night!

1 comment:

OakMonster said...

I'm so jealous! You guys should move here permanently, yes? ;-D