Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I Turned 4 Today!


Please put me back
My Birthday, 4 years ago.

Birthday prince
When I turned one.

I am two. Joop Joop.
When I turned two.

After all the practice, it's finally my birthday!
When I turned three.

Sun ceremony
At preschool today, we did a special sun ceremony to commemorate my birthday.

I got to hold a globe and walk around the candle (that symbolizes the sun) four times. This activity helped me understand what one year meant... one year is the amount of time it takes the earth to go around the sun one time. Then everyone sang the birthday song to me in English and Hawaiian! And I got birthday hugs from the aunties and my classmates. The day got even better after nap since it was my first day at Papa Mele - an afternoon music class at my school. At today's class, we learned a fun song called, "Day-o". After daddy picked me up from school, we headed out to dinner at one of my favorite places, Maile's Thai Bistro. I LOVE mee krob!

Transformer cake!
When we got home, I blew out the candle on my Transformer cake! Aki was so excited to help.

The guitar is bigger than Aki!
Best of all, mommy and daddy got me my very own acoustic guitar! It's taller than Aki.

2 comments:

Steven Tsuchida said...

Happy Birthday Owen! Looking forward to hearing your rendition of "Stairway to Heaven" on your new guitar! P.S. Love the sparkler heart for New Years!

thida said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! Looks like a yummy transformers cake.