Sunday, January 31, 2010

MLK Day

Wow, we're really behind the times now! We haven't blogged about anything since my birthday party early this month. Don't worry that you're missing too much though. Since mommy and daddy started work, we haven't been doing as much. We like to have "stay at home" day or at least, "stay in Hawai'i Kai (our little part of town)" day. It works out fine for me since I get to play with all the toys I don't really have time to play with during the week.

Then again, sometimes we do still go out. For Martin Luther King Day we went to drive around the island. That's how daddy celebrated the first MLK Day back when he was a kid, so we figured we would reenact it.

First stop was my favorite pineapple plantation ghost town... Dole!

At the koi pond
They still have the koi

At the koi pond
And they're really hungry. The fish were climbing all over themselves to get our food!

Coming into the station
Here comes the the Pineapple Express!

On the Pineapple Express
Ready to go?

On the Pineapple Express
Mt. Kaala, the highest mountain on O'ahu, presiding over overgrown pineapple fields

After the train ride, we didn't stop for the pineapple ice cream. We went straight to Haleiwa for walking around and lunch. Since it was kind of early for lunch, we had dessert.

Aoki's
Uncle JT's fiancee's favorite shave ice is Aoki's

Ready for shave ice?
I liked it too. I really did. But I agree with Uncle JT and daddy. Waiola's is finer.

No comments: