Monday, August 07, 2006

Eric Carle

On Sunday we went to the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. We went because my favorite author and artist, Eric Carle, was going to be there signing his books.

You might ask, "Who is Eric Carle?" He's the guy who wrote A Very Hungry Caterpillar, and illustrated my favorite book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? When mommy and daddy reads this book to me, they say, "Roar, I see Baby Owen looking at me!" and I have to smile.

Thai Hungry Caterpillar
At the museum bookstore, mommy was excited to find a version of Very Hungry Caterpillar in Thai: Nhon Jom Hew. Only 215 baht (less than $6)! We'll have to get one when we go to Thailand someday.

Long line
There was a long line to meet Mr. Carle

Main Hall of the Eric Carle museum
These murals in the wall are like the papers that Mr. Carle uses to make his illustrations. He paints on tissue paper, cuts out shapes, and arranges them to make pictures.

Waiting in Line for Eric Carle
After two hours, we're almost to the front of the line


I got so excited, I fainted fell asleep. Here is mommy and me with Mr. Carle, who's signing my copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

2 comments:

OakMonster said...

I'll see if I can pick one up in the bookstore while I'm home. :)

Mike said...

Thanks, Aunty Oaks! That would be cool if you could get a Thai book for me... so mommy can read more to me in Thai =)

Have a good trip to Thailand!