Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ichiro Turns 1

After a whole year of going to other people's birthday parties, last weekend we had my big first birthday bash at Ah Mah and Ah Gong's house!

More excitement
I was excited!

Mommy made me a onesie just for the occasion. Here's the design:



It says, "I am Ichiro. I am one year old." Only mommy forgot to put the polite "krup" on the end, so it sounds like I'm being rude. Please excuse... me only one. krup.

The spread
Ah Mah made lots of food!

I'm excited about lunch
I liked my lunch. Ah Mah made me tod mun (fried fish cake with red curry paste) and noodles. I loved it!

Then it was time for cake cutting.

Birthday Prince
Ah Mah helped me with my hat, and Cousin Maya helped me with the candles.

So many people came to help me celebrate!

Uncle Greg and Baby Alana
Here's Baby Alana and her daddy. Again, another younger baby who's about the same size as me.

Aunty Jen and Uncle P'Namphol
Aunty Jen and Uncle Namphol gave me a place to sit.

Thai Culture Club
The UCSD Thai Culture Club came too! Actually that's only 4.5 Thai people and 3.5 non-Thais in this picture.

And even though mommy had said "no presents" (I know, I know, I couldn't believe it either) people brought me so many gifts anyway!

I can't believe Uncle Dan and Linda customized this shirt for me!
I got a personalized Seattle Mariners' jersey with my name on it!

Thank you everyone for coming and for the great presents! I had the best birthday ever.

Now we're back in Boston, where it's actually warmer than SoCal (39 here, 29 there today). I had an awesome trip, and I hope I will get to see everyone again soon!

Ah Gong, Ah Mah and us
Thank you Ah Mah and Ah Gong for all your hard work! See you again soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although you should always listen to your mommy (but not necessarily your daddy), I'm glad nobody listened to her about the presents.

Also, I'm still waiting for my piece of cake!

p.s. I want the piece with the hippo.

thida said...

Happy Birthday Owen! :) I can't believe you're the Big One!

Send some of that east coast warmth to us. I'm a popsicle here!

Anonymous said...

I think aunty thida is more like a crepe...or maybe a gelato

Mike said...

Ok, it's been under 20 degrees here since I said that, so I guess we could use some of that West Coast warmth about now!