Tuesday, February 27, 2007

ICA

On Saturday we went to the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston for their Family Day. All families with kids got in for free! I think mommy and daddy just wanted me to go so they could get in without paying.

It was a cold day on the waterfront, but it was nice and toasty inside the museum. The first thing we did was go to a special dance show by some people called STREB: Extreme Action. They were really cool! They had some bouncy rubber band things that they bounced up and down on and then they brought out a huge half cylinder that they rocked back and forth and climbed all over. I stood on mommy's lap and took it all in. It looked like so much fun!


STREB (a picture taken by Doctor Paradox at the STREB studio in Brooklyn)

After the show it was time for lunch. We ate in the lobby in the shadow of this giant mural.

Divine Gas
"Divine Gas"

Then we went to tour the galleries. Everything was really neat, but I especially liked when the docent told me that I was the cutest baby there. I also liked the harbor view from the fourth story window.

Harbor view
Looking out over the harbor

I like this artwork!
Admiring my reflection

Mommy and me at the ICA
Mommy and me resting on the bench

I liked the ICA, and I hope we get to go back next family day.

In my next post, I'm going to write about the snow that fell this week, but I have to sleep now, so stay tuned!

No comments: