Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's maple syrup time!

A couple weekends ago we went back to Drumlin Farm for pancakes, maple syrup, and baby animals. We ate the pancakes and syrup, and we looked at the babies.

Daddy and me enjoying our pancake breakfast
Here's daddy and me enjoying our pancake breakfast

After breakfast we went outside in the icy snow. The first place we stopped was to look at some lambs and baby goats that had been born just that week.

Daddy and me with Mommy sheep and her lambs
Here are a couple that were outside with their mommy

A kid having his lunch
This baby goat was inside having breakfast

After seeing the lambs and goats, we saw some baby cows, but they weren't so cute, so I haven't posted any pictures of them.

Then we went to see how maple syrup gets made. The syrup maker showed us how they have to boil and boil it off so that it thickens up. It takes 40 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup!

Maple syrup being boiled down
The maple syrup evaporator

I had a great time at the farm!

Mommy and me at Drumlin Farm
Mommy and me at Drumlin Farm

Later that day we went to Aunty Karna's for breakfast #2. I was still full from breakfast #1 but I liked walking around her place. Look at what I found!

Daffodil for Mommy
Daffodil!

No comments: