Saturday, May 06, 2006

More Hawaii photos

Monday was May Day, or Lei Day in Hawaii. Since Grandpa likes to make leis, he made one for all of us and one for the neighbor's cat.

Serena the Cat wearing a lei
Serena couldn't walk right with the lei on.

Aunty Maria!
On May Day, I was taking mommy through the mall, and she saw someone from back in L.A. It was Uncle Steven's friend Maria. She was "working."

May Day is Lei Day
Then we went to Kapiolani Park to see the Lei Day festival. There was a lei contest, and all the leis were spectacular. These are some of the kids' entries. You should have seen the grown-ups' ones.

Shave Ice
It was a hot day so the adults had shave ice. Mommy said it was better than Waiola's.

On our trip we also saw a lot of friends and relatives. These are some of the ones I visited.

Aunty Misako and Uncle Kenneth
Aunty Misako and Uncle Kenneth. They're Uncle Steven's parents. Don't forget to check out his film!

Aunty Helen
Aunty Helen. She's daddy's cousin.

P5010101
This is me and Aunty Lori, Uncle Reid's mom. I'd just woken up from a nap so I was grumpy. That's Uncle Reid in the corner.

She made me smile
Aunty Aki. She made me laugh.

May 5 was Boy's Day. Grandpa was so proud of me, he dug daddy's old carp out of the attic and put it out in the front yard. It is a big carp.

Boy's Day carp
The big carp

In front of grandma and grandpa's house
Me with the big carp. May 5 was also International No Pants Day. I'm not wearing any pants in this picture. Or am I?

No comments: