Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Past week's Festivities

Sorry, I haven't posted for awhile. Since I can't type yet, I had to wait for mommy and daddy to be free so I could tell them what to write.

On Thursday, mommy and I went hiking at Runyan Canyon with Una and her mommy. Afterwards, Una and I had a feast of breastmilk and hung out for awhile at her house.

Baby bouncer
She even let me borrow her bouncer seat. Thanks, Una!

On Friday, Uncle Nick graduated from USC and we all went to his ceremony. Too bad daddy couldn't come because he had to go to Boston and find a new place for us to live. He missed out on good dim sum!

CIMG0995
Yay for Uncle Nick!

CIMG0970
Ah Mah giving Uncle Nick a lei. Mommy crocheted the orange caterpillar looking lei for Uncle Nick. Gong Gong made the ti leaves lei for him from Hawaii!

CIMG1008
I even got all dressed up in an Aloha shirt for the occasion.

CIMG1024
Meeting Aunty Oakley for the first time at the dim sum restaurant for lunch. She keeps a cool blog too.


On Saturday, mommy and I spent the day lounging around at Ah Mah and Ah Gong's house. In the afternoon, we helped Aunty Cee with her science project on how to pop a cork from a soda bottle. That night, we went to Uncle Nicky's 21st birthday party at a Thai restaurant in Anaheim.

CIMG1068
Happy Birthday, Uncle Nicky! Only 20 years and 8 months before I get to drink too!


Sunday was Mother's Day. I got a card and some flower seeds for mommy. Daddy helped me write the card for mommy. I don't know what he wrote, but it made mommy cry.

Mommy had her surgery for carpal tunnel on Monday. Since her right hand is all bandaged up, she can't hold me or change my diapers. So Ah Mah is here to stay with me for the week to take care of me. She's so nice - she reads me Thai stories, sings me Thai nursery rhymes, and even gave me a bottle of milk. And I took it without fussing! Thanks, Ah Mah!

In other news, I can laugh now if tickled really hard under my armpits. I'm also reaching for things to put into my mouth.

Maybe I'm teething
Mommy thinks I maybe teething since I'm also drooling a lot... so much that a bib is always part of my daily outfit.

CIMG1077
I also love pulling on the links on my swing. I'm loving my swing. Mommy thinks I'll be a lefty since I often use my left hand to grab at things.

No comments: