Monday, May 22, 2006

A Week with Ah Mah

Ah Mah came to visit again!
Ah Mah's back again!

Since mommy had carpal tunnel surgery last Monday, Ah Mah stayed with us all week last week. Mommy's doing okay, thanks to everyone who sent well wishes.

Ah Mah was fun to have around. She let me play with a carrot.
Owen with carrot stick
What is this orange stick?

I let her feed me a bottle.
I was so happy, I took the bottle!
Me in a moment of weakness

But that didn't last long. Monday when Mommy was in surgery, I took a few bottles. Tuesday, I took one. Wednesday, I figured it out again, and didn't let Ah Mah feed me any more. I can't believe they thought I would fall for that!

This weekend I went down to Orange County to observe some more ancestor days. After Ah Gong helped me kow tow at the household shrine, we went downstairs and watched TV. I like the flashing lights!

Watching TV with Ah Gong
Ah Gong and me watching TV

Daddy doesn't like me watching TV. He put me in a rocking chair and turned its back to the screen.

My other chair
Trying to get out of my chair

That night, we went over to Uncle Steven and Aunty Jeanie's house. Steven's the one with the spam-ku film. Dinner was yummy, and I got to meet their cat, Kaya, who is very curious. I think she sniffed me while I was sleeping in the back room, and I woke up and scared her. She ran out of the room very quickly.

Jeanie and me
Aunty Jeanie and me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Owen, give your mommy a big kiss and hug from us. Hope she is feeling better.