Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

We started our celebration of the nation's birthday bright and early by heading out to Concord, MA. Daddy signed up for the 5 mile run, the Minuteman Man Classic. Huy and Hai also came to cheer daddy on.

Daddy getting ready to start the race
Daddy getting ready to start the race.

Minuteman firing squad at the start line
Minuteman firing squad at the start line.

After daddy took off running, Huy, Hai, mommy, and I walked to the 3 mile mark to wait for daddy. We waited for daddy for quite sometime before he reached us. I got so bored that Huy and Hai had to entertain me by letting me sample their mung bean soup. It worked! And boy, was it yummy! I couldn't get enough of it. I'll have to ask Ah Mah to make me some when I go visit her next month.

Huy, Hai, and me waiting for daddy
Huy, Hai, and me waiting for daddy.

I love mung beans
I love mung beans.

Daddy passing us at mile 3
Daddy passing us at mile 3.

After daddy passed us, our cheering squad walked over to the finish line... but daddy almost beat us there even though he went the long way around!

Daddy at the finish line
Daddy at the finish line.

After daddy cooled down and rested a bit, we went to the Picnic-in-the-Park festival just beyond where the race started and finished. There was a Bike Parade where the kids in the neighborhood got to ride their dressed up bikes on the road. I wish I could ride in one too! Maybe in a few years.

Bike Parade
Bike Parade.

After getting lunch, we all came home to take our naps. We're going to need all the energy we've got to stay up for the Boston Pops Show and Fireworks tonight!

No comments: