Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Life is Good Festival

Daddy had to work all day on Saturday, so I took mommy and Aunty Karna to Fenway Park for the Life is Good Festival. I got to ride on mommy in a new carrier. It was so snuggly, I fell asleep on the bus ride to Fenway Park. When I woke up, we were inside the park. Mommy and I had never been to Fenway before, so we had fun exploring the stadium.

Our first activity was to design a new t-shirt for Life is Good. I had so much fun coloring that mommy had to distract me away from my art project with bubbles.

Mommy and me decorating a Life is Good t-shirt
Mommy and me decorating a Life is Good t-shirt. Sorry if I seem glum, it was super hot and I had just woken up from a nap.

When it was time for lunch, we found some seats by the main stage to watch SteveSongs perform while we ate our lunch. What a treat! We have a copy of their newest CD, Marvelous Day. I even recognized some of the songs and danced along to it.

Aunty Karna and me listening to SteveSongs
Aunty Karna and me listening to SteveSongs.

After lunch, I felt energized to run around the stadium. So we did just that, by doing a scavenger hunt. The questions were super hard, and we had ask a bunch of Red Sox fans for help. In the end, thanks to Aunty Karna's perseverance, we answered all the questions and figured out a combination to a lock on the treasure box.

I wonder what kind of prize is awaiting us.
I wonder what kind of prize is awaiting us.

It turns out that the treasure box was full of neat-looking rocks! How did they know I had a rock collection in my backyard?!! Aunty Karna helped me pick out an especially cool-looking polished maroon rock that I held tightly in my fist the rest of the day.

It was such an exciting day. Maybe daddy will be able to join us for next year's festival.

No comments: