Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Breezy Walk and Reading

This afternoon, Aunty Leng was over to do more baking. She made yummy oatmeal and cranberry cookies this time. When daddy came home, we had run out of sugar, so I took daddy to the market. It was kind of breezy outside, so daddy showed mommy that he could keep me warm.

Bundled up for a walk I feel a draft
I feel a draft around my feet though

After the cookies were done baking, Aunty Leng read me a story. It's from a Thai book about a lion and a mouse. Think you've heard it before? Actually, the story goes: the lion eats a bunch of animals and falls asleep. A mouse falls onto the lion's head. The lion lets the mouse go because he's too small to eat. Then the lion gets caught in a net, and the mouse frees the lion by biting through the rope. Maybe there's no thorns in Thailand.

Aunty Leng reading me a Thai book
Here I am, listening to the story

I got tired of the book
Is the story over yet? I'm getting sleepy.

No comments: