Saturday, April 22, 2006

First Baseball Game

My fingers are tasty
When is the B2 going to fly over?

Tonight I took mommy and daddy to my first baseball game! The Los Angeles Dodgers were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks. We got there early to get our tickets, and we even got to see the Diamondbacks take "batting practice." Maybe the Dodgers skipped their batting practice, because the Diamondbacks were ever so much better during the real game.

Dinner at the stadium
Dinner at the ballpark. Who needs a Dodger Dog? I packed my own food.

There were a lot of Korean fans at the game because Jae Seo, a Korean hero, was pitching for the Dodgers. He used to play for daddy's favorite team, but they traded him to the Dodgers for 2 pitchers. I thought that meant he would be good, but instead, he was very nice to the Diamondbacks. For his willingness to let them hit his pitches, he was taken out of the game by the 4th inning. Then a lot of his countrymen left. Of course a lot stayed to enjoy the rest of the Dodger loss.

Our countryman is pitching
Jae's countrymen

Jae is gone. We are gone.
Dodger Stadium

Since it was past my bedtime, I was really sleepy. But every time a Dodgers player did something good everyone would yell in my ear. It was really loud! Mommy and daddy said we had to go after the song in the 7th inning so that I could go to sleep. We didn't miss too much since the remainder of the game consisted of strikeouts by the Dodgers. Final score: Diamondbacks 5, Dodgers 4.

I wonder who my favorite team is going to be?

No comments: