Sunday, May 17, 2009

Aquarium of the Pacific

On Wednesday we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific with Uncle Steven, Aunty Jeanie, and Cousin Mia. I'd been there before, but I couldn't remember it for some reason. Daddy says it's because it was when we were still living in LA, and I was only 5 months old.

The aquarium was so much bigger (and less penguin smelling) than the one in Boston!

Here fishy, fishy... do you think I have enough bait, daddy?
I brought along my fishing rod to see if I could catch anything.

Big Fish
Here's Aki checking out a fish that's bigger than her

Uncle Steven and Mia
Uncle Steven and Mia. Mia is bigger than me, even though she looks tiny in this picture. Or maybe Uncle Steven is just a giant.

Hermit crab
Hermit crab from my Clumsy Crab book

Nemo!
Nemo! Actually, I'm not quite as into Nemo anymore, but I still liked seeing him here.

Masked diver
I am still very into masked divers, and there were lots of them here!

Aki thinks there are buttons on the board to push
Aki thinks there are buttons on the board to push.

Touching the rays
Touching the manta rays and sharks in this big pool. They were really deep.

Feeding the lorikeet
Then we went to the bird section of the aquarium. Here's daddy feeding the lorikeets.

Mia watching the lorikeets
Mia is staring down the lorikeet.

Lorikeets sitting on the mist nozzles
It must have been hot for them, because they were all sitting on the sprayers

Yay for family!
Yay for family!


Thanks for meeting up with us, Uncle Steven, Aunty Jeanie and Mia!

No comments: