Wednesday, October 24, 2007

DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park

Sorry for the lack of posts this past week. Mommy's been busy looking into a "school" for me to go to starting next Fall. She said she's running out of ideas to entertain me, and that I'll be old enough to go to school by then. I'll keep you posted as to what "school" is and where I'll be going. I don't think it matters just as long as I'll be with Ronak.

Last Thursday was a very dreary day, so Mommy took me to a new museum that we've never been to before called the DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park. We got there before the museum opened, so we took a short walk in the garden around the museum. There were lots of huge sculptures that kept me interested. I'm really squinty in the pictures because Mommy asked me to "smile" for the camera.

Big piggy sculpture
Trojan piggy bank

Posing with the Pinecone people
Here I am posing with people made out of pinecones.

After seeing more sculptures and getting a little lost, we finally found our way to the museum entrance. The highlight of the museum for me is the Trainscape exhibit where artists built scenes for model trains. We couldn't take pictures inside the museum, but you can see a video of the trains going through the installations on the museum website. I had a lot of fun watching the trains go by and didn't want to leave the trains. Mommy managed to wrestle me away to go to an art room where I got to practice my drawing skills. We misplaced my artwork somewhere, so I don't have a picture to show you. Maybe next time.

No comments: