Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hiking Blue Hills

On Sunday we went for a hike up in the Blue Hills. This is where we took Uncle JT hiking in the spring and it was just as cold then as it was for this weekend's hike. I got carried up the mountain on daddy's back, so I was plenty warm, but I think mommy and daddy were pretty chilly.

Here we are at the top. There was a big stone tower where you could see all the way to downtown Boston!

In the lookout tower
In the lookout tower

No Fires
Running around down on the bottom of the tower. I am being careful not to set any fires, like the sign says!

Me, mommy, and Austin, Alice's daddy
Here we are for lunchtime. That's my friend Alice's daddy in the background.

On the way down, I got to walk. I had to tell him "down! walking! down! walking!" and try to escape the backpack for a few minutes before he let me out. But when I got down, I didn't just walk... I ran!

Running down the ski slope
Running!

I had a good time on the hike and the day even got nice and warm by the end. I hope we get to go back again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen, if you keep it up you can run with daddy in a marathon one day!!!

Alana Kim Dunn said...

what a fun day, you look great nan!