Sunday, October 07, 2007

Meeting Allen Say and Happy Birthday, Ezra!

Today, we drove all the way out to Amherst again to the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Arts to meet another one of my favorite authors, Allen Say. He has written many books for children, but mommy and daddy has only read one to me called Grandfather's Journey, which won a big award. We were a little late to hear him read from his newest book that won't be out until next year. I'm really excited about it since Mr. Say kept repeating the name "Aki-san" when he was telling the story. But mommy said it's a different character than the one I know from "Aki and the Fox". Afterwards, Mr. Say signed my book for me.

Meeting Allen Say
Mommy and me with Mr. Allen Say.

It's been over a year since we've last been to the museum, and now there's so much more for me to do!

Playing, while mommy waits in the long line
Playing with busy beads while mommy waits in the long line.

Crocs "eating" lizard
In the art room, I got to play with this crocodile and lizard.

Afterwards, I fell asleep in the car ride. When I woke up, we arrived at Kids' Fun Stop for Ezra's Birthday Party. Mommy and I have been to this indoor playspace a couple of times before, but it was Daddy's first time. I had fun playing in the play house where I cooked and mopped the floor. Then I discovered all kinds of toys I can ride on.

Want to ride the bumblebee?
Mommy demonstrating how to ride on the bumblebee.

Oooh, this is fun!
Ooooh, this is fun!

A roller coaster!
This roller coaster is even more fun!

Birthday boy and girl blowing out candles
Here's Ezra and Charlotte blowing out their big "3" candles. Happy Birthday!

No comments: