Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Museums and Sledding

Wow, has it been over a week since I last posted? I don't even remember how long ago some of this was, but this is what we've been up to this month...

We went to Emmy's birthday party at the place where I used to have gym class...

The usual suspects
The usual suspects. I am trying to inch my way out of the lineup on the left.

Aki cruising along the balance beam
Aki demonstrating her skillz: cruising along the balance beam

The day after the party we went back to the science museum. It was snowing pretty hard that day, but daddy and mommy really wanted to get out of the house. They drove extra carefully out to the museum. On the way there they saw cars spinning all over the place... even a police car!

We saw some new things at the museum that day.

Two turtles
Two turtles

Whiteout outside the museum
Whiteout outside the museum

Overturned snowplow
On the way home we passed a little snowplow that had turned over.

I guess next time they will think a little longer about going out when it's snowing so hard!

The next weekend we went to the Children's Museum with Troy, my pal from the "old school" as mommy likes to call it.

Owen driving, Troy manning the stereo
Me and Troy driving down somber street...

While we were cruising, Aki found something that she couldn't take her eyes off of. It was a shaggy-haired baby doll without any clothes on. She was kind of fascinated and scared at the same time...

Aki's favorite toy in the Children's Museum
In case you were wondering, this is not Aki's happy face.

I want hair like this!
But she couldn't take her hands off of the doll's shaggy hair...

Later we went sledding. And not just a little sledding. We had to get all ready to go out.

Owen wearing goggles to sled
Wearing daddy's my goggles

Ready to go!
Ready to go!

Daddy and Owen going down the hill sideways
Going down the hill using daddy's famous sideways technique

After going down the hill, it was too far to walk back up. Luckily I had a ski lift.

Owen's personal ski lift
My personal ski lift

Ready for another go?
Ready to go again?

Aki in the snow
Aki didn't have quite as much fun

It's more fun when you put your hands up!
I think she's thinking that this is just another stroller/car seat, only colder and not as safe

Ok, I think that catches you up a couple of weeks. That'll have to do for now. By the way, Happy Chinese New Year's everybody!

2 comments:

Nancy Alina Szczekocki said...

I'd have to agree with Aki that the doll does look a little scary indeed! How come Mike got to have all the fun and you're not on the sled?

OakMonster said...

Doll = creepy.
Daddy as sled = fun! :)