Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Doctor's visit

Last night I gave mom and dad another break, and I let them sleep two whole hours between each feed. I also got daddy pretty good. He was cleaning my circumcision site and I took aim and peed like a fountain. I almost got him in the eye, but he ducked, and I got his nightshirt instead. Too bad--next time he'll know better.

Today we went to the doctor's office for the first time. The nice pediatrician checked my weight and measured me from head to toe. It turns out that I've gained about 80 grams, or almost 3 ounces, since leaving the hospital, which she said was good for a breastfed baby. I said whatever--I'm still in the 5th percentile for weight. I'm going to wake mommy up extra tonight to get in some more feedings.

Afterwards dad developed some photos from the hospital, and he wanted to put some up here. Now that I'm taking control of this site, I limited the number of delivery room pictures he could put up to prevent future embarrassment.


Since I was in the frank breech presentation, it felt better to have my legs like this when I was born.


Daddy and me in the hospital


All my hats were too big so mommy made me this one


The car ride to the doctor's made me sleepy


My doctor putting me down. I'll see you next week, doc!

No comments: