Thursday, January 26, 2006

My due date

Twenty days of life, and I am finally now past my due date. As they say in Uncle DK's favorite place, I have a "corrected gestational age of 40 and 2/7 weeks."

Despite daddy's paranoia of letting me go out before one month old, mommy and grandma and grandpa have been showing me around town. Nothing exciting to mention, just these "errands" they keep talking about. Dry cleaners, groceries, lunch out, and the diaper store they call Target.

As I've mentioned before, I've also been gaining weight at an astonishing pace. Daddy was at work all day and all night yesterday, and when he came home, he didn't recognize me (or so he said). I seem to have gained all the weight between my chin and my chest, where my "neck" used to be.


Me and my chins


Daddy wearing me in my yuppie baby carrier, which I love to sleep in

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Owen! You know I love seeing my name in print. You're the cutest baby ever... and that speed on the basepaths is unparalleled.

Anonymous said...

i see mitsuwa in the background! where are you getting your check-ups owen? :)

Mike said...

Dr. Candice Ho at the West LA clinic is my doc. She's super nice!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lil' Owen,
It's Uncle Bill in Houston! I used to boss your dad around when he was a med student and beat your mom at poker :) I knew you'd gain weight just fine. I was a whole pound smaller than you when I was born at 38wks, and just look at me now. Uhh, nevermind that, it'll just make dad nervous again!
Bill :)