Sunday, February 26, 2006

More development

Yesterday we had plans for the evening so we stayed in and rested during the day. But instead of sleeping, I had something else in mind. Since it was daddy's day off, I showed him some of the tricks I've been working on this week.

Smiling
I've been smiling a lot more especially since mommy got me this portable gym that goes over my recliner. This way I don't have to get up to sleep, go to the bathroom, or exercise. This, I'm very happy about!

Heads up!
I've also been working on raising my head. We've been practicing the tummy time, and now I can raise my noggin about halfway up. It's hard though! My cheeks are so big and heavy they weigh me down. And it takes all my concentration. That's why I have cross eyes in this shot. Or maybe it's because I was pooping too. I don't remember.

Shaking that thing
I can also shake a rattle now. I mean, I can unclench my fist for good periods of time now, and if someone puts something in my open hand, I grab down on it. Like this rattle for example. Daddy put it in my hand, and I couldn't get it out so I was shaking it all over the place.


A video of me shaking the rattle... I'm not happy because I can't get it out of my hand!

I stayed up all day showing daddy these tricks. That night, we went out to Aunty Jen's birthday party, but because I'd been up all day, it was so hard to stay awake at night! Even though the restaurant was noisy, I snored through the whole dinner. Mommy said that everyone told me I was cute, and I wish I'd been awake to talk to all the young ladies...

Aunty Jen's birthday!
Yeah, I was the center of attention of all these pretty girls. Tough to be me!

No comments: