Sunday, February 19, 2006

Rodeo, Drive that is

Today mommy and daddy wanted to exchange a present someone had gotten me, so we went to a place called "Rodeo Drive" in Beverly Hills. I was hoping there would be some cowboys and lassos but no luck. It was just stores and people with fancy strollers.


One of our first stops was at this store, called "Neiman Marcus," where they wanted to exchange the present. Where's the glamor here? I thought this was supposed to be Beverly Hills!


After that we went to Il Cono, for a snack. It was a cold day, and mommy explained that we were going to have a cold treat. So crazy huh?


There were lots of flavors of treats, but daddy wouldn't let me look at them.


Mommy said we had to pay before they would give us some, and there was a long line. One grownup started blowing smoke out of his mouth and that made me cough. So inconsiderate! Daddy took me outside and we went to the other side of the restaurant.


Here's where we sat. I was so excited for the food, but mommy and daddy once again told me I would have to sit and watch them eat. Another chance for yummy food spoiled. Mommy gave me dinner later on though, and I think I could taste the rice pudding gelato in the milk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you guys just missed james and his buddies grabbing some gelato yesterday! :)

Anonymous said...

boycott Il Cono...they're evil! one flavor in the refill cup is just wrong.

Anonymous said...

I miss gelato soooo much!!!! It's not the same in Houston! I could even go for some breast milk that tastes like gelato right now. LOL!!!
Bill :)

Mike said...

Here's what ESPN's Bill Simmons has to say about Houston:

Maybe Houston doesn't suck any more or less than 20 other major cities, and maybe the people are friendly and likable, but the fact remains, you would never come here for any reason, other than these three:

(1) For work.
(2) To gain weight.
(3) To get shot.

You just wouldn't.
...
Here's what really frightens me: I have spent so much time here, I actually know my way around. Can I have this information removed from my brain? Is there a pill I can take?


Hmmm... Given that I have never been to Houston, I take it that it is not a desirable place to live, except maybe for JT who can boycott Il Cono all he wants from there :)