Sunday, July 02, 2006

History Time

Now that mommy and daddy have unpacked a little, they decided to take a day off and take Uncle Nicky and me to see some sights. It being July 4th weekend, we went to do our patriotic duty at Minuteman National Historic Park today. I wish I could say that I learned a lot, but it was hot and humid, and there were just so many old buildings and people talking about how short children lived back then so I went to sleep. Mommy and daddy were excited about what they saw, but maybe not as excited as some.

Minuteman Statue, Lexington
The Minuteman statue at Lexington Common, also known as "Battle Green" where the first shots of the Revolution were fired


What I thought of the sights
What I thought of the sights

Thoreau's House, Walden Pond
Me and Daddy at Walden Pond. We walked around in the woods for an hour looking for this replica of some guy named Thoreau's house, and then we found the house right next to the ice cream truck in the parking lot!

No comments: