Thursday, July 27, 2006

New England Aquarium

On Sunday, Mommy and Daddy took me into the city to do some more exploring. Since I decided to take a super long nap that morning, we got a late start. By the time we got into downtown, it was lunchtime. So we ended up going to Quincy Market for lunch (and Mommy wanted some Beard Papa's).

On the way to Quincy Market, we saw a bunch of windmills for sale at Faneuil Hall.

Wow! What are these?!!
I was pretty impressed with how they turned every time the wind blew.

Once we got into Quincy Market, Mommy and Daddy took awhile to figure out what they wanted for lunch. Daddy ended up with fish and chips (which didn't compare to the ones he had in London, according to him). Mommy had teriyaki chicken. As for me, mommy packed me my lunch - sweet potatoes! I picked out the sweet potatoes myself at Verrill Farm the day before.

My first taste of sweet potatoes
My first taste of sweet potatoes

Yay for sweet pototoes
Let me just say that it was different.

After lunch, we went to the New England Aquarium. Since there was threat of rain that day, the aquarium was super crowded with lots of babies and kids. Even so, I took a short nap while Mommy and Daddy looked around. They have a HUGE tank with lots of fish and a BIG sea turtle.

Penguins!
Penguins! I liked looking at the penguins, especially the ones that looked like they were babies, called the little blue penguins.

I woke up in time to see jellyfish. Here's a movie showing how interested I was with them.



Sorry the quality of the movie isn't so good. It was pretty dark in there. We had a lot of fun at the Aquarium. I hope Mommy will take me back to see the jellies again.

No comments: