Sunday, July 09, 2006

Watermelon Festival

There apparently isn't going to be a Tofu Festival we can go to this year, so on Saturday we went to the Watermelon Festival at a big park called the Boston Common.

We took the subway into town, and walked through the park. By the time we got there, I was very tired and after lunch, I went to sleep.

I missed most of the action, but there was a Backyard Athlete competition, a band, and lots of free stuff. Mommy and daddy were excited about the food, including the best watermelon ever and some yummy gelato (not as good as Il Cono, but pretty good anyway). I don't understand why they ate again when we had just eaten. Grown-ups...

Afterwards we walked around the public garden, and I woke up to look at the ducks and the boats. It was so peaceful!

Overall, it was a really nice day, and I think I'm starting to like this new place. There's going to be a Pumpkin Festival this fall too, so maybe I'll have pictures from that one later. Bye for now!

Unpacking for lunch before the Watermelon Festival
Mommy and me unpacking our lunch from my new ride

Watermelon band
Watermelon Festival Band

Mmmm smells good
I don't know what these are, but they smelled good!

Scary horsie
Whoa, that's a big horse!

Make way for ducklings
Duckies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know there was a Watermelon or Pumkin Festival...I missed out on a lot...lucky you Owen.

Regarding the duck statues, when I was there somebody stole one of the ducklings...I wonder who could have done something like that?