Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Mountain of Boxes

On Friday some men came into our apartment and filled it up with boxes. The boxes went all over the place and reached almost to the roof! They blocked the light and the wind from the windows. I was puzzled and a little dismayed when I came downstairs from my nap because the apartment had been so airy and beautiful before.

There were a lot of positives though.
  • I got my swing. Now I don't have to sit on the floor anymore.
  • I got my papasan. Now I can relax while I eat instead of worrying that mommy or daddy is going to drop me.
  • I got my changing table/dresser. Now I can get my diaper changed up high again.
Plus I hadn't played with the toys on those things for so long that I was very excited to see them all again. It's like having brand new toys! And to think that mommy and daddy were feeling guilty for not buying me toys.

I also got a new toy. Mommy put me in my Exer-saucer. It's like a chair with toys all around it! It was like sensory overload the first time I went in it. I was smiling all day long and then I slept almost all night!

Playing in my exersaucer
Apparently my parents bought this for cheap at the consignment sale months ago, and only now they're giving it to me?

Oh yeah, Uncle Nicky is visiting from Buffalo this weekend. He's Aunty May's sister and he takes really nice pictures and plays with me too!

1 comment:

OakMonster said...

Oh Owen. A few months more and you'll find that boxes you can craw into are the BEST toys. Ever! :)