Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mt. Hollywood and FIDM



We went hiking again today. Mommy and daddy took me to see the Hollywood sign in Griffith Park. I thought that was silly because we can see the Hollywood sign from down the street where we live, but I guess they wanted to get some exercise.

Mommy and me looking out over Glendale
Mommy and daddy missed a turn on the trail, so they took the long way to the top. Here's mommy looking out over Glendale.

Me and mommy at the top
Mommy packed us all lunch. Daddy had a turkey sandwich, mommy had a turkey sandwich, and I had a breastmilk sandwich, hold the bread, please.

Daddy and me on Mt. Hollywood
The mountain we climbed is called Mt. Hollywood. The Hollywood sign is on a mountain called Mt. Lee, just next to it. And here I was, thinking I would get to see it up close...

Griffith Observatory
On the trail on the way back, we saw this dome-y building that daddy called "Griffith Observatory."

The FIDM store...
After the hike, mommy took daddy and me to a store at someplace called FIDM.

Racks of clothes
At the store, famous clothes makers donate their clothes to be sold for big kids to go to the clothes-making school.

Wedding gowns Mannequins
After giving me a little snack in the car, mommy went in to shop for some grownup clothes. She ended up buying several pieces of clothing and she only had to give them ten dollars! She told me in these pictures you can see dresses for when girls get married ($900 dress for $100) and big kid mannequins ($30 each). These were very popular.

When is mommy coming out of the store?
Daddy and I hung out in the car since there weren't any baby or daddy clothes in the store. This is me waiting patiently for mommy to come out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

owen, please tell your mommy that i am very jealous of her bargains at fidm! i'm gonna have to go soon - maybe on my vacation!