Monday, March 27, 2006

Sunday Walk and Manicure

Yesterday mommy took the bunnies for their checkup and left me at home with daddy again. While mommy was gone, I took daddy for a walk around the 'hood. Here's some of the things we saw:

Who Needs TV?
One of our neighbors has a fish tank on his front porch for his kids to look at. I like how there's a little chair out there for them to sit in and watch the fishies. Who needs tv?

Neighborhood Ent
Daddy also pointed out the neighborhood ent to me. I was sleeping by then though, so I didn't get to see it.

Tired after My Walk
After my walk I was passed out.

Reading My New Book
But then mommy came home and I woke up and had a snack. After snack time it was on to story time. Daddy read me this new book I got. For some reason, I like to look at birds and this new book has lots of birdies in it.

Later on Ah Mah and Ah Gong drove up from Orange County and brought us yummy Thai food for lunch. Ah Mah is such a good cook.

Cutting My Nails
After lunch Ah Mah gave me my manicure. I don't usually like this part of my grooming routine, but Ah Gong kept me entertained while Ah Mah buffed and polished away.

Sawatdee Krup!

Finally it was etiquette lesson time. In Thai society when people greet each other, they wai, or put their hands together like a prayer. Then they say "Sawatdee krup!" if they're boys or "Sawatdee ka!" if they're girls.

Ah Mah practiced my wai with me, and I liked it. Every time she put my hands together, I opened my mouth to say "Sawatdee krup!" Of course, I can't actually form consonant sounds yet, so I just practiced opening my mouth. Just imagine me saying "Sawatdee krup!" please.

No comments: